I found The Book Snob Book Tag on Confessions of a pinay bookaholic while blog hopping. Beatrice is a ya, na, adult contemporary romance blogger! Go check her out!
The original creator of this tag is Tia @ tia and all the books .
**Yes…I realize this is another book tag BUT I finally finished HOEAB so keep on the lookout for that review.**
I’m also running out of ideas on what to post…..
1. Adaptation Book Snob: Do you always read the book before you see the movie?
I RARELY see the movie. After the atrocity of movie adaptation that was Vampire Academy, I no longer have any inkling of hope for movie adaptations. Not to mention, I have prefer to image the characters according to the book’s description rather than what the casting director decides they should look like.
2. Format Book Snob: You can only choose 1 format in which to read books for the rest of your life. Which one do you choose: physical books, ebooks, or audiobooks?
PHYSICAL BOOKS ALL THE WAY.
I love all formats of reading but nothing beats Physical for me. There is just something great about holding the book in your hands and the feel of pages in your fingertips.
3. Ship Book Snob: Would you date or marry a non-reader?
My boyfriend is a non-reader. I don’t really care about it 🙂 He still listens when I tell him about the book gossip.
4. Genre Book Snob: You have to ditch one genre – never to be read again for the rest of your life. Which one do you ditch?
Contemporary – Romance. It was a hard decision but I could never live without Fantasy.
5. Uber Genre Book Snob: You can only choose to read from one genre for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
I dominates my bookshelves, my ereaders, my audiobooks, etc. I cannot live without it. Can barely read without it.
Here is a mock chart with an approximation of how much fantasy I read:
6. Community Book Snob: Which genre do you think receives the most snobbery from the bookish community?
Romance and all of it’s sub genres.
People have very different view points on how romance authors should explain certain actions or body parts when it comes to romance. There are people out there that have VERY strong opinions and have made it their mission to come after anyone who thinks other wise..
7. Snobbery Recipient: Have you ever been snubbed for something that you have been reading or for reading in general?
YEP. There are individuals out there who love to throw “Ew, you read” at bookworms as if it’s an insult. I honestly pity those people but what can you do?
I tag you!
Let me know your answers in the comments below or drop the link to your post!
As always, Thank you for reading! 🙂
This tag is so much fun! I love your answers, I agree, romance is getting most snobbery. I will be doing the tag next week, I was already looking around for new ones to participate in and I just love this one.
It really is!!
And romance is literally a war zone right now. Sometimes my twitter feed is back to back with threads on judging a romance author on their writing! >.< Can't wait to see your answers @mehsi! <3 Thank you for reading!
Oh no! 🙁 That is just terrible that people do that. Urgh. I knew that the romance genre was judged, but to go on Twitter and do this? No. Just keep it to yourself or write a review somewhere and leave it at that.